Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Expect Nothing

     A friend of mine once said, as she was frosting Christmas cookies, "Keep your expectations low, and you'll never be disappointed." Well, I would not adopt that philosophy as applicable to all areas of life, but I have to say it's not a bad rule to follow in a general way. Take blogs, for instance. If I expect to become a blogging wonder, or if you expect to read many fascinating and informative posts, we both will soon be wanting our money back.
     The difficulty with the aforesaid phrase is that it can lead to a lack of effort or interest on the part of  those involved. I intend not to allow this negativity influence my writing, and I hope not to embarrass either the writer or reader with halfhearted babbling. And who knows? There's always the chance of being pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the incident and I STILL laughed. Don't be half-hearted. Post for yourself and people like you will be interested. That's always helped me.

    ReplyDelete